Global Outdoors is an online service that provides recommendations for outdoor experiences. Our website, mobile properties, and related applications (collectively, our “Website”) are owned and operated by Global Outdoors LLC. We understand that providing information online involves a great deal of trust on your part. We take this trust very seriously, and make it a high priority to ensure the security and confidentiality of the personal information you provide to us when you visit our Website or use our services. Before submitting your personal information to us, please read this Policy carefully to learn about our privacy practices. By visiting Global Outdoors’s website, www.globaloutdoors.com, or using a Global Outdoors application (an “Application” or “App”) on a mobile phone, tablet, or similar device (a “Device”) or in connection with other sites or services, you are accepting the practices described herein.
• What information we collect from you
• How we use your information
• With whom we share your information
• How you can access your information
• Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
• How we protect your information
• How you can delete your personal information and data
• Children's privacy
• External links
• Visiting our Website from outside the United States
• How you can contact us
What information we collect from you
We receive and store any information you enter on our Website or give us in any other way. This includes information that can identify you ("personal information"), including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, user name and password. You can choose not to provide information to us, but in general some information about you is required in order for you to receive relevant offerings from Global Outdoors and its partners and enjoy other benefits of being a registered member. For example, only registered members are able to post reviews, participate in discussion forums, email Global Outdoors content to themselves and others, access members-only newsletters and travel planning content, and enter surveys, contests, or sweepstakes. In addition, some information is also required in order for you to ask us a question or initiate other transactions on our site.
Information About Others.
You will have the opportunity to provide contact and experience-related information for other people through our Website. If you book an experience for someone else through Global Outdoors, you will need to submit that individual’s personal information. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or modify their information will be available only through your account. Information from Other Sources.
We also may periodically obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from affiliated entities, business partners and other independent third-party sources and add it to other information about you. For example, if you visit Global Outdoors by “clicking through” from a site operated by one of our business partners, and you have registered with that partner, then information about you that you have provided to that partner may be shared with us, such as contact information and demographic information. As another example, if you access third party services, such as social media services, through our Website or before coming to our Website, we may collect information such as your user name, password, and other information made available to us through those services. We will work with our existing partners and potential future partners to improve and personalize your use of our Website in accordance with the practices outlined in this section and Policy.
We automatically collect some information from your computer or Device when you visit Global Outdoors. For example, we will collect session data, including your IP address, Web browser software, and referring website. We also may collect information about your online activity, such as content viewed, pages visited, and searches and/or reservations facilitated or made. One of our goals in collecting this automatic information is to help us understand the interests and preferences of our users and customize your user experience. Location Information and Other Information from Devices.
When you use an Application on a Device, we will collect and use information about you in generally similar ways and for similar purposes as when you use the Global Outdoors website. In addition, we may collect information about your location if you have instructed your Device to send such information to the Application via the privacy settings on that Device, or if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use the location information collected from your Device or photos to enhance your use of the Application by providing you with relevant content and contextual advertising. For example, we may use your location to show you reviews of experiences near you when you are traveling. You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time, in order to turn off the functionality to share location information with the Application and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. Please note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our App. If you have any queries about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
Cookies and Other Web Technologies.
• To help us customize the content, experience, and advertisements provided to you on our websites and Apps and on other websites across the Internet. For example, when you access a web page, a cookie is automatically set by us, our service providers, or our partners to recognize your browser as you navigate on the Internet and to present you with information and advertising based on your apparent interests.
• To help measure and research the effectiveness of features and offerings, advertisements, and email communications (by determining which emails you open and act upon).
The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers should tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable most types of cookies. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies, you may not be able to access many of the travel tools offered on our sites.
Our sites also may use Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or Web bugs), which are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are placed in the code of a Web page. We use Web beacons to monitor the traffic patterns of users from one page within our sites to another, to deliver or communicate with cookies, to understand whether you have come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website, and to improve site performance. We also may allow our service providers to use Web beacons to help us understand which emails have been opened by recipients and to track the visitor traffic and actions on our site. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our content and other offerings.
Display of Advertising/Your Choices.
Data collected to serve you with relevant advertising
Global Outdoors and its affiliated websites are committed to providing you with relevant content and information across our sites. To do this, we may collect information about your experience searches and other site activities, such as whether you are looking for bookings or outdoor gear, and use this information to serve you with ads on our sites or elsewhere online that match your apparent interests. So, for example, if you search for a hunting trip to Wyoming on Global Outdoors, you may see an ad for a Wyoming hunting package on Global Outdoors or on another website you visit.
We do not share your personal information (such as email addresses) with unaffiliated third parties so they can serve you with advertisements
Data collected by business partners and ad networks to serve you with relevant advertising
Many of the advertisements you see on the Global Outdoors are served by Global Outdoors or its service providers. But we also allow third parties to collect information about your online activities through cookies and other technologies. These third parties include (1) business partners, who collect information when you view or interact with one of their advertisements on our sites, and (2) advertising networks, who collect information about your interests when you view or interact with one of the advertisements they place on many different websites on the Internet. The information gathered by these third parties is used to make predictions about your characteristics, interests or preferences and to display advertisements on our sites and across the Internet tailored to your apparent interests.
Response to Do Not Track signals
Your web browser may transmit a “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) signal to Global Outdoors and other websites. Because of differences in web browsers’ default settings and the manner in which browsers incorporate DNT signals, it is sometimes unclear to site operators whether site visitors have selected the DNT setting themselves, or whether they are aware that they have a choice in determining the setting. Global Outdoors does not currently respond to DNT signals. Once the Internet industry has settled on standards related to this issue and Global Outdoors recognizes such standards, we may reevaluate this approach.
How we use your information
If you have signed up as the owner or manager of an experience, or listed your experience, we will send you email messages at the email address you provide to us. Please review "Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information" below.
With whom we share your information
Global Outdoors may share your information with the following entities:
• Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including business analytics, payment processing, customer service, marketing, public relations, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including, for example, as necessary to operate features of our Website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
• Business partners with whom we may offer products or services in conjunction. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear either with ours or separately. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
• Referring Websites. If you were referred to Global Outdoors from another website, we may share your registration information, such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and preferences, about you with that referring website. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to Global Outdoors.
• Social Media Services. You can choose to access certain third party social media websites and services through our site (such as Facebook). When you do so, you are sharing information with those sites, and the information you share will be governed by their privacy policies. You may also be able to modify your privacy settings with these third party social media websites. We also may share your information if we believe, in our sole discretion, that such disclosure is necessary.
• To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
• In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divestiture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
If you choose to create a profile on Global Outdoors, certain information in your profile will be publicly viewable and identifiable via your screen name. You will have the ability to view your profile as members of the public will see it. Additionally, if you choose to participate in our member-to-member communications programs, other Global Outdoors members may contact you by using Global Outdoors as an intermediary; however, Global Outdoors will not share your email address with any other members nor display it any public manner. All Global Outdoors members have the option to turn off the member-to-member communication features at any time. Other than as set out above, you will be notified when personal information about you will be shared with third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to have us share such information.
We also may share aggregate or anonymous information with third parties, including advertisers and investors. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors our Website receives or the most popular hotels and vacation destinations. This information does not contain any personal information and is used to develop content and services we hope you will find of interest.
Your choices with respect to the collection and use of your information
• As discussed above, you can choose not to provide us with any information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on Global Outdoors.
• Email Communications. Global Outdoors wants to make it easy for you to take advantage of outdoor-related opportunities on our Website. One way we do this is by sending you email messages that contain information about your apparent outdoor-related interests. For example, if you search for fishing in Florida, or Florida fishing experience providers or reviews on Global Outdoors, we may send you an email message reminding you about special experience offers in Florida. Similarly, if you receive an email about Florida travel and demonstrate an interest in Florida experiences by affirmatively clicking on a link about Florida experiences in the email, you may receive an email about Florida experience offers. We believe these email messages will provide you with useful information about outdoor-related special offers available through our sites. Please note that you will have the opportunity to choose not to receive these email messages in any such email we send.
• The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Please note that if you refuse to accept cookies from Global Outdoors, you will not be able to access portions of our site. How we protect your information
We want you to feel confident about using Global Outdoors, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website can guarantee security, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access personal information, and they only may do so for permitted business functions. In addition, we use encryption when transmitting your personal information between your system and ours, and between our system and those of the parties with whom we share sensitive information, and we employ firewalls and intrusion detection systems to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information.
How you can delete your personal information and data
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is relevant to its intended use, accurate, and complete. To delete your personal information and data using the Global Outdoors Website: log into your account, navigate to Settings, and then Other Settings, Delete Account. If using the Global Outdoors App: verify you are logged in, navigate to My GO, and then Delete Account. Selecting either of these options will permanently delete your Global Outdoors account along with your personal information and data. If you own any businesses, they will remain listed, however you will be removed as the owner. If you have a paid subscription, it will be canceled.
Global Outdoors is a general audience site and does not offer services directed to children. Should an individual whom we know to be a child under age 13 send personal information to us, we will delete or destroy such information as soon as reasonably possible.
Visiting our Website from outside the United States
If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located and our central database is operated. The data protection and other laws of the United States and other countries might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, but please be assured that Global Outdoors does take steps pursuant to laws in the United States to ensure that your privacy is protected. By using our services, you understand that your information may be transferred to our facilities and those third parties with whom we share it as described in this Policy.
How you can contact us
Global Outdoors LLC
P. O. Box 8769
Columbus, MS 39705, USA
Call Recording and Monitoring.
©2023 Global Outdoors LLC. All rights reserved.